I'm getting tweets and emails from friends outside NY asking if everything is okay.
1. Thanks! The concern is much appreciated.
2. Everything is good. Power is on. No one hurt. Exhausted. Happy to be safe.
3. Three trees fell on my mom's block in Flushing. She has lots of support nearby. They've lost some power. Luckily my brother was in town, he couldn't get out on Monday, so he's been there to help.
4. I live in a high-rise in mid-town. The building swayed for hours, and it was exhausting and scary. One of the windows blew open, and it was a bitch to get it closed. But at 11PM or so the winds just stopped, and it's stayed quiet outside ever since. Got a great night's sleep. Power is on. Very fortunate.
5. The streets in Manhattan are virtually empty. Some cabs, cars. Lots of emergency vehicles.
6. My SandyCam site is up, but sad to say it's mostly getting pictures of raindrops on the windows.
7. Posting links on my linkblog, of course (these also flow to Twitter).
8. All is good.